When alerted to Naija's presence, Piranhas dive swiftly towards her last known position before peeling off to reposition. They persistently track their prey until defeated, or if their prey swims out of range.
Given the density of life in areas where Piranhas spawn, they can be difficult to pick off from a distance without aggroing other enemies.
Found in Edit
- Piranhas are several species of South American freshwater fish that are known for their sharp teeth and powerful jaws.
- While they are often characterized as ravenous carnivores, piranhas behaviour varies by species.
- The Piranhas in Aquaria are likely visually inspired by the Red-Bellied Piranha, or Pygocentrus nattereri.
- Unlike the Piranhas in Aquaria, Red-bellied Piranhas often shoal as a predatory response, but rarely hunt as a group. They are also omnivorous
- Red-bellied Piranhas are also popular aquarium pets.